WHAT IS A BRUSH, FOAM OR SPONGE GUTTER GUARD?
Brush, foam and sponge gutter guards are one of most inexpensive forms of gutter guards, however, perform the poorest and are only good for temporary gutter protection.
These products can be purchase at your local DIY Hardware or Big Box Home Center and claim to be easy to install and will give long lasting relief from the dangerous job of cleaning your gutters. Unfortunately, just the opposite is true.
Foam, brush and sponge guards are supposed to allow water to flow through your gutters and downspouts while filtering our all the debris. However, bristles in brush guards trap the debris causing the guard to fill with leaves and seed pods creating messy clog that need to be cleaned. Foam and Brush guards will start to degrade, shrink or harden allowing a fertile environment for small trees to grow. All of this need to cleaned over time.
Additionally, trapped moisture will be an environment for insects such as mosquitoes to breed as well cause mold and rot to form causing a potential health and fire hazard.
Brush, Foam and Sponge Guards vs. ArmourGuard FOAM GUTTER GUARDS
- Inexpensive low-end solution that offers temporary gutter protection.
- Will trap airborne leaves, seed pods, and debris that will eventually grow in an ideal environment.
- Can potentially cause rotting, mold and decay.
- Does not include a lifetime warranty.
ArmourGuard GUTTER PROTECTION
- Durable, permanent, clog free gutter protection system.
- Completely sealed system – only water will enter your gutters.
- 316L Surgical grade stainless steel mesh – no organic material will adhere to or grow on ArmourGuard.
- Lifetime, transferable manufacturer’s warranty.
Many look for an affordable gutter guard, but are usually disappointed when they find that they must be cleaned two or more times each year and many even need to be replaced every couple of years. Foam, sponge and brush gutter guards are easy to install, but costly in the long run.
ArmourGuard on the other hand are made to last a lifetime with no maintenance. When purchasing ArmourGuard you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with never having to climb a ladder to clean your gutters.